Strip Out Time

  1. #1
    HeartSA
    Guest

    Strip Out Time

    I have this below

    8/26/2005 3:19:00 PM

    I only want to display

    8/26/2005

    Can't figure out how to do this. I tried changing the date format to just
    date, but it still displays the time. Please help

  2. #2
    Forum Expert swatsp0p's Avatar
    Kentucky, USA
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2010
    Posts
    1,545
    First, make sure what you have in your cell is truly an "Excel Date" (which is a number that Excel interprets as a date) by changing the format of the cell to General. The cell should now show the "Date Number" of 38590.63819 (or similar). If it still shows "8/26/2005 3:19:00 PM", then what you have is a TEXT entry and changing the format will not alter it.

    What do you find?
    Bruce
    The older I get, the better I used to be.
    USA

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Strip Out Time

    =int(A2)

    assuming it is a real date and timne cell. Format the cell as just date.

    Actually, you could just format the original cell as date. The time will
    still be there, it just won't show.

    Bob Phillips

    news:%[email protected]...