where can I find an excel file I "saved as" in OLKE9?

  1. #1
    OOVAVOO
    Guest

    where can I find an excel file I "saved as" in OLKE9?

    I saved over an EXCELL file that someone sent to me in OUTLOOK, after adding
    hours of data. Unfortunately I clicked "save as" but did not change the
    directory.
    It has saved my EXCEL FILE in a folder called OLKE9.
    I have searchjed the path, but cant fnd the file (I am displaying hidden
    files).

    Please help, I need this file in only 8 hours time or my life will be a
    misery.

  2. #2
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: where can I find an excel file I "saved as" in OLKE9?

    Easy way: Open ANY file (EXCEPT THAT ONE!!) through Outlook, and hit
    File-->Save as. That'll take you to the OLK folder. If you don't see it,
    likely, it's gone. Never, ever open files attached to emails. That's my
    golden rule, and I have never, ever had this problem.
    ************
    Anne Troy
    www.OfficeArticles.com

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    HT
    Guest

    Re: where can I find an excel file I "saved as" in OLKE9?

    c:\documentsandsettings\**user'sname**\local settings\temporary internet
    files

    Depending on your network you may have to go through DOS to access.

    news:%[email protected]...