Closed Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2

how to get the means and stdandard errors of every row in 5 coulum

  1. #1
    jt42
    Guest

    how to get the means and stdandard errors of every row in 5 coulum

    Hi, can you tell me how to get statistics on five different colums of numbers:
    specifically, how to get means and st. errors of every row in five columns.
    Thanks, Joanna

  2. #2

    RE: how to get the means and stdandard errors of every row in 5 coulum

    "jt42" wrote:
    > Hi, can you tell me how to get statistics on five different
    > colums of numbers: specifically, how to get means and
    > st. errors of every row in five columns.

    I assume you mean "of each row".

    The formula =AVERAGE(A1:E1) provides the average of row 1.

    The formula =STDEV(A1:E1) provides the standard deviation.

    The standard error is =STDEV(A1:E1)/SQRT(COUNT(A1:E1)) .

    Use STDEVP() if your numbers represent the entire population.

Closed Thread