Closed Thread
Results 1 to 4 of 4

How do I insert a dot/check mark in a cell in Excel?

  1. #1
    sue
    Guest

    How do I insert a dot/check mark in a cell in Excel?

    This is very basic! And I am having a problem... I want to insert a dot or
    check mark in a cell. Where can I find a dot/check mark? I thought they can
    be easily found, but I can't find them. Can anybody help?

  2. #2
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: How do I insert a dot/check mark in a cell in Excel?

    See if this helps, Sue:
    http://www.officearticles.com/misc/s...oft_office.htm
    ************
    Anne Troy
    www.OfficeArticles.com

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    George Gee
    Guest

    Re: How do I insert a dot/check mark in a cell in Excel?

    Sue

    Format the cell for the font 'Marlett', and type the letter "a" (without
    quotes).

    George Gee

  4. #4
    Barbara Wiseman
    Guest

    Re: How do I insert a dot/check mark in a cell in Excel?

    This article refers to current excel versions.

    If you have excel 2000 or before you will have to use another method.
    One way is to open Word, which in 2000 if not before does have the insert,
    symbol.
    Then copy it to excel, where it can be pasted.
    for a check mark (tick in the UK) in word it is on the windings font as are
    several sort of dots.

    Also see
    http://www.cpearson.com/excel/chars.htm
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/rexx/htm/fonts.htm
    for putting in symbols directly by using the codes.

    Good Luck,
    Barbara

    news:%[email protected]...