cant send email attachment from excel

  1. #1
    DKT
    Guest

    cant send email attachment from excel

    Can someone tell me how to get the button for sending an excel file with an
    attachment via email by just clinking the button. I cannot get the button to
    open just the regular email button and not the one that says send with
    attachment and then will open to the addresses I choose. I did delete the
    email button but it still doesn't work

  2. #2
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: cant send email attachment from excel

    Hi

    Do you mean that the Mail button is not working on the menu bar ?

    See
    http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/problems.htm

    If you need code examples or a Add-in look here
    http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

  3. #3
    DKT
    Guest

    Re: cant send email attachment from excel

    No there are two email buttons in excel and I am trying to use the one that
    says send to mail reccipient (as attachment). I went to the tools and then
    customize and I dragged it up to the top like it said but it stays gray and
    will not execute and I am trying to save steps by not having to click the
    attach button and then find the file and then email. I wan' to email it
    directly from the file with the lines etc..Sorry but I am new to this so I
    hope it doesn't sound stupid...

  4. #4
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: cant send email attachment from excel

    Hi DKT

    Have you checked number 1 and 2 in this link

  5. #5
    DKT
    Guest

    Re: cant send email attachment from excel

    Yes and I just went to the sysedit win ini and I don't have anything that
    says mail there and I don't know how to add it.

  6. #6
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: cant send email attachment from excel

    Hi DKT

    This I have in my Win.ini in WinXP,Office 2002

    [Mail]
    MAPI=1
    CMC=1
    CMCDLLNAME=mapi.dll
    CMCDLLNAME32=mapi32.dll
    MAPIX=1
    MAPIXVER=1.0.0.1
    OLEMessaging=1

    If you don't see [Mail] in the win.ini file then add the code above in the win.ini file.
    If you see [Mail] but don't have MAPIX=1 in this section then add a new line with it.

    Win.ini is a normal txt file so add it and save it when you close it

  7. #7
    DKT
    Guest

    Re: cant send email attachment from excel

    Ron I am stuck as in my win ini files ther is nothing like what you have
    typed here it is mostly video things. I also have office 2003 so again I can
    send email with the attachment but I can't get the send with attachment
    button to work so I know my email is working...Any other suggestions?

  8. #8
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: cant send email attachment from excel

    Copy the lines in your win.ini file and try again

  9. #9
    DKT
    Guest

    Re: cant send email attachment from excel

    I absolutely do not understand why this won't work, I have copied the files I
    even reinstalled office again and it just won't let me send from the file
    with it attached and on my other computer the icon was added to my toolbar
    and no problem so I am really struggling to get this running right. I don't
    know what else to try