Rearranging aTable

  1. #1
    PT
    Guest

    Rearranging aTable

    I created a worksheet consisting of two relatively narrow columns. But it's
    about 7,000 rows deep. I'd like to rearrange it so I'd have five sets of
    column pairs on a single page, so I could print it using one fifth the
    paper.

    Assuming there are 40 lines per page, I'd then want page 1 to hold items
    1-40 in the Columns A and B, then items 41-80 in rows C and D, etc.. Is
    there a simple command to do this? if not is there a simple macro?
    --
    PT

  2. #2
    Niek Otten
    Guest

    Re: Rearranging aTable

    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm

    --
    Kind regards,

    Niek Otten

    news:eYo0YLV%[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Rearranging aTable

    PT

    Sub Move_Sets()
    Dim iSource As Long
    Dim iTarget As Long

    iSource = 1
    iTarget = 1

    Do
    Cells(iSource, "A").Resize(40, 2).Cut _
    Destination:=Cells(iTarget, "A")
    Cells(iSource + 40, "A").Resize(40, 2).Cut _
    Destination:=Cells(iTarget, "C")
    Cells(iSource + 80, "A").Resize(40, 2).Cut _
    Destination:=Cells(iTarget, "E")
    Cells(iSource + 120, "A").Resize(40, 2).Cut _
    Destination:=Cells(iTarget, "G")
    Cells(iSource + 160, "A").Resize(40, 2).Cut _
    Destination:=Cells(iTarget, "I")
    iSource = iSource + 200
    iTarget = iTarget + 41
    Loop Until IsEmpty(Cells(iSource, "A"))

    End Sub

    Suggest you first make a copy of the sheet.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP