Closed Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2

why does excel change last digit of credit card numbers to zero?

  1. #1
    dacton
    Guest

    why does excel change last digit of credit card numbers to zero?

    Using Excel 2002, cutting and pasting credit card numbers, but excel changes
    the last number on many of them to zero. If I hold the mouse over the cell,
    it shows the right number.

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: why does excel change last digit of credit card numbers to zero?

    Format as text, excel has only 15 digits precision

    Peo Sjoblom

    "dacton" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Using Excel 2002, cutting and pasting credit card numbers, but excel

    changes
    > the last number on many of them to zero. If I hold the mouse over the

    cell,
    > it shows the right number.

Closed Thread