How can I link two worksheets?

  1. #1
    Deanne
    Guest

    How can I link two worksheets?

    I want to sent up a main excel worksheet at our corporate office, and then
    have a worksheet set up for all our other offices to use with some of the
    fields on the main worksheet(each office will have different numbers to put
    in the fields), and then have each office info drop into the main worksheet
    so we at corporate do not have to rekey or cut and paste that info. How do I
    do this? What is this called? I thought it was linking but now Im not sure.
    Please help.

  2. #2
    JR
    Guest

    RE: How can I link two worksheets?

    Let's assume your Corporate sheet is called "Corp" and the next sheet is
    "CC1" (Cost Center 1). You can do an exact cell reference... Say you are
    looking for revenue for CC1. On the Corp tab, in the cell where you want
    CC1's revenue to appear type "=", then click on the CC1 tab and click on its
    revenue number, then press enter. The formula will look like this =CC1!B5
    B5 being the cell on the CC1 tab where the revenue number is. There are more
    advanced ways of doing this too, like using VLOOKUP and SUMIF.

  3. #3
    Deanne
    Guest

    RE: How can I link two worksheets?

    Okay I have another question. Here is what I have: I am at corp./ and would
    have the corp sheet, but I have 54 offices in US. How do I get them a
    worksheet (i will design to match ours), and how do they send it to us every
    month so that the info goes into corp? info you gave I understand-thank you.
    Thanks for helping me.

  4. #4
    PY & Associates
    Guest

    Re: How can I link two worksheets?

    Since you are at corporate level, you can give all 54 branch offices a
    standard template, ie of a standard format. When you collected all of them
    at interval, you can combine data from each of the files into your master
    file, using macro.

    news:[email protected]...