Data>Validation Question

  1. #1
    Weave
    Guest

    Data>Validation Question

    Hello and greetings from South Texas (very cold). I've created a simple
    spreadsheet report with six different categories (columns). In two of those
    categories I implemented drop down lists using Data>Validation>List, etc.
    Initially it worked like it was supposed to therefore giving me the luxury of
    selecting different options from the drop down menu. I locked several cells
    (not including the two columns) and protected the worksheet with a password.
    As I opened the file this morning I deleted the current information in an
    attempt to enter new information (expecting the drop down fields to be in
    tact), but the drop down list has dissappeared. The list of information is
    still located on page two, but the drop down is no longer there. I've tried
    restarting, protecting/unprotecting, redoing the validation list, etc., but
    to no avail. Sorry for the narrative. Can you help please?

    John

  2. #2
    JR
    Guest

    RE: Data>Validation Question

    The only thing I can think of is that when you deleted, you deleted rows or
    cells. This would take out the drop down. Just being in the cell where the
    drop down is and pressing delete won't take out the drop down.

  3. #3
    Weave
    Guest

    RE: Data>Validation Question

    Well, I've copied the old form into a new workbook and installed the drop
    downs again. It seems to be working fine. We'll see. Thanks JR.