Open another program(Word) with Excel macro?

  1. #1
    Al
    Guest

    Open another program(Word) with Excel macro?

    I have created a Word document that is linked to an Excel worksheet so that
    I was able to format the printout the way I wanted.
    I would like to run a macro that would open that Word document.
    Is there a macro command that will open a document in Word(file is linked to
    an Excel worksheet).
    Does any of this make sense?

  2. #2
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    RE: Open another program(Word) with Excel macro?

    Yes: two ways.

    1. Put a hyperlink to the word document in a cell. Then you are only a
    click away from opeining the do.

    2. From VBA:

    Sub Macro1()
    x = Shell("cmd.exe /c C:\Userguide.doc", 1)
    End Sub

    will do the same thing
    --
    Gary's Student