[SOLVED] Cursor turned to a square

  1. #1

    [SOLVED] Cursor turned to a square

    Help, my cursor or pointer turned to a black square - does anyone know
    why or how to fix this? Thanks.

  2. #2
    JoAnn Paules [MVP]
    Guest

    Re: Cursor turned to a square

    Why? Could be almost anything.

    Does it happen only in Excel or in all programs?

    --

    JoAnn Paules
    MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Larry Weideman
    Guest

    Re: Cursor turned to a square

    It only happens in Excel. No other programs or Office programs.

  4. #4
    CLR
    Guest

    Re: Cursor turned to a square

    Next question is, does it only happen in one, or a group of similar files,
    or in all files including a fresh new workbook?
    The drill is, to try and isolate the conditions under which the problem
    manifests itself.....

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

  5. #5
    ufo_pilot
    Guest

    Re: Cursor turned to a square

    You may have hit the 'Insert Key' by accident,
    This happens in VBA codes when typed.

  6. #6
    Larry Weideman
    Guest

    Re: Cursor turned to a square

    Yes it does happen with all files whether on the PC or my USB drive,
    etc. Even new files. I'll have to try the insert key when I get home to
    see if that fixes it.

  7. #7
    Larry Weideman
    Guest

    Re: Cursor turned to a square

    Tried the insert key, any other ideas?

  8. #8
    CLR
    Guest

    Re: Cursor turned to a square

    What version of Excel, and what Operating System? Have you recently changed
    or "upgraded" either? Have you recently installed or uninstalled any other
    programs or drivers of any sort?

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

    news:[email protected]...

  9. #9
    Larry Weideman
    Guest

    Re: Cursor turned to a square

    XP and 2003. No I haven't recently upgraded. No drivers or programs
    that I can think of.

  10. #10
    Larry Weideman
    Guest

    Re: Cursor turned to a square

    No one?

  11. #11
    mallim
    Guest

    Re: Cursor turned to a square

    any suggestions ? I got the same problem.

    The big black ugly square would not even go away if you just uninstall and
    install again.