Average data/reduction

  1. #1
    MC
    Guest

    Average data/reduction

    I have a number of worksheets where each contains two rows of data
    representing wind speed and direction recorded every 10sec (8636 records per
    day). I would like to average every 60 records so that each record on a new
    worksheet (or rows)represents the average wind speed and direction every 10
    minutes of the day. I would also like to be able to set up a new data set
    with only data recorded every 10 minutes (or other time interval)
    represented. Any help would be much appreciated
    --
    MC

  2. #2
    Bernard Liengme
    Guest

    Re: Average data/reduction

    In column A of Sheet2 I have some numbers
    On Sheet3, I want the average of these in groups of 10
    IN any cell in Sheet 3 I used:
    =AVERAGE(INDIRECT("Sheet2!A"&(ROW(A1)-1)*10+1&":A"&(ROW(A1)-1)*10+10))
    I copied this down the column and got what was needed

    Can you adapt this?
    To get every 10th entry I use =INDIRECT("Sheet2!A"&(ROW(A1)-1)*10+1) and
    copied down the column
    This gave me the data from A1, A11, A21..... on Sheet2
    --
    Bernard V Liengme
    www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

    news:[email protected]...