adding number in next cell

  1. #1
    ED
    Guest

    adding number in next cell

    Every month I have to change the sales amount in my worksheet. I would
    like this amount to be added automatically to the total for the year sales
    amount in the next cell. Is this possible?

  2. #2
    RagDyeR
    Guest

    Re: adding number in next cell

    Of course it's possible!

    If you would like a suggested formula:

    =SUM($A$1:A1)

    Now, if this doesn't work for you, how would I know that, with all the
    information that you gave us?

    RD
    -------------------
    -------------------

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: adding number in next cell

    right click sheet tab>view code>insert this>modify a10 to your cell>SAVE

    If Target.Address <> "$A$10" Then Exit Sub
    Target.Offset(, 1) = Target.Offset(, 1) + Target

    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    [email protected]

  4. #4
    ED
    Guest

    RE: adding number in next cell

    I guess I should explain myself a bit better.
    Every month I enter the actual sales amount in Cell C13, then in Cell D13 I
    enter the cummulative sales amount for the year (which I calculate manually).
    The following month I enter the new actual sales amount in Cell C13 and I
    add this amount to the previous cummulative sales amount from the previous
    month in Cell D13. Can D13 be updated automatically with a formula every
    time I enter a new amount in Cell C13?

  5. #5
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: adding number in next cell

    Why not just qualify Rag's offering with an IF
    or
    modify mine

    'If Target.Address <> "$A$10" Then Exit Sub
    If Target.Column <> 1 Then Exit Sub
    Target.Offset(, 1) = Target.Offset(-1, 1) + Target

    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    [email protected]