How do i a apply range(autoformat) in non-adjacent cells?

  1. #1
    Brent from the Bahamas
    Guest

    How do i a apply range(autoformat) in non-adjacent cells?

    Hi I am trying to apply a range between B6:N35 however whenever I
    select B6 , i am told in Microsoft ,version4 page32 to hold the control
    button and select the other cells when i do that and try to apply
    Autoformat i get a error message, any advice would be appreciated?

  2. #2
    Max
    Guest

    Re: How do i a apply range(autoformat) in non-adjacent cells?

    Referencing your subject line ... in Excel 97 (my ver), think I can
    multi-select non-adjacent cells and apply normal formatting options (via:
    Format > Cells). But the "Autoformat" option (via Format > Autoformat) was
    not possible. Excel would display an error msg, saying the command cannot be
    performed with multiple selections.

    But .. your range "B6:N35" appears to be a single range, in which case
    Autoformat option should be available
    --
    Max
    Singapore

  3. #3
    Forum Expert
    England
    MS-Off Ver
    1,500
    If you go to the first cell hold down the mouse button and drag your range to the last cell to select autoformat should work

    Alternatively click on the first cell, press the shift key, then click on the last cell yhen choose autoformat

    by clicking on cells with control, you are selecting lots of seperate ranges even tho the cells are next to each other, hence autoformat will not work