auto copy and past

  1. #1

    auto copy and past

    Need help. I need a macro or program that can sort and copy the information I enter in one sheet over to another sheet. The information needs to be sorted by name and filed on the distention sheet in that order. As I enter the information or by a command.
    Example:
    Sheet 1: John
    Tom
    Jim
    Bob
    Tom
    Bob

    Sheet 2 The information would look like this

    John
    Tom
    Tom
    Bob
    Bob

    Any Idea or am I in to deep?

  2. #2
    Michael Gill
    Guest

    RE: auto copy and past

    Hi cdixon,

    Try this one:
    Sub SheetCopy()

    Columns("A:A").Select
    Selection.Copy
    Sheets("Sheet2").Select
    Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteAll, Operation:=xlNone,
    SkipBlanks:= _
    False, Transpose:=False
    Application.CutCopyMode = False
    Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("A1"), Order1:=xlAscending, Header:=xlGuess, _
    OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom, _
    DataOption1:=xlSortNormal
    End Sub

    Michael
    -------------
    Michael Gill
    - If you found this post useful please press "Yes" under the "Was this post
    helpful" section - Thanks

  3. #3

    Automatically copy from one sheet to the next

    I have an Excel spreadsheet created for my small scooter (moped) dealership. Right now I end up having to re-type the same info (name, address, price, VIN, etc) on each sheet for the differnet forms I have to fill in (large, lengthy, boring forms). Is there any way I can have sheet one be a "general info" sheet where I enter the info once and it automatically appears in select spots on sheets 2 and 3? This would be a FANTASTIC time saving feature for me!

    HELP!

    Swamped in repeated data entry.

    Bob

  4. #4
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: auto copy and past

    If you create a template (save as *.xlt) then every time you will open a
    copy of that template and then just fill in what's not already filled in

    Peo Sjoblom

    Portland, Oregon

    "kickbush" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...