transfer data from one excel sheet to another

  1. #1

    transfer data from one excel sheet to another

    Hello,

    We currently receive analysis data from a contractor on an excel spreadsheet that contains more information than we need. I would also like to rearrange the data into another excel spreadsheet that is easier for me to look at the data. We reenter the data into a paradox database( Yes, it is archaic) that is very difficult to change the format.

    Is there a way to automatically rearrange and transfer the data to another excel spreadsheet via a macro, xml, etc? My experience with excel is limited and I only know basic functions. Thank You.

  2. #2
    Ken Wright
    Guest

    Re: transfer data from one excel sheet to another

    Would help to see a small example of the data involved. Have you considered
    a Pivot table?

    --
    Regards
    Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: transfer data from one excel sheet to another

    You can use an Advanced Filter to extract some of the data to another
    sheet. There are instructions in Excel's Help, and here:

    http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html

    Exceloficio wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > We currently receive analysis data from a contractor on an excel
    > spreadsheet that contains more information than we need. I would also
    > like to rearrange the data into another excel spreadsheet that is
    > easier for me to look at the data. We reenter the data into a paradox
    > database( Yes, it is archaic) that is very difficult to change the
    > format.
    >
    > Is there a way to automatically rearrange and transfer the data to
    > another excel spreadsheet via a macro, xml, etc? My experience with
    > excel is limited and I only know basic functions. Thank You.

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
    http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

  4. #4
    It looks like the advanced filter will work for me. Thank You very much for your help.