Formatting email and web addresses in Excel

  1. #1
    JohnnyJomp
    Guest

    Formatting email and web addresses in Excel

    Hi all...
    I want to put email and web addresses in my worksheets, but I do not want
    them to be active links. IOW, they should be just text, not links to emails
    or web pages.

    I have tried formatting the cells as text and general. I have even put the
    web address without the www., but it still reformats it!

    Any tips???
    Thanks!
    JJ

  2. #2
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    RE: Formatting email and web addresses in Excel

    Put a single quote (apostrophe) in front of the address
    --
    Gary's Student

  3. #3
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: Formatting email and web addresses in Excel

    Try one of these options, JJ:
    ************
    Hope it helps!
    Anne Troy
    www.OfficeArticles.com

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: Formatting email and web addresses in Excel

    not much point to using MS Word to remove links,
    when you can use a macro, see
    http://groups.google.com/groups?thre...tngp13.phx.gbl
    ---
    HTH,

  5. #5
    JohnnyJomp
    Guest

    RE: Formatting email and web addresses in Excel

    Thank you Gary's Student!
    John

  6. #6
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Formatting email and web addresses in Excel

    Hi JohnnyJomp

    In 2002 and up you can change this

    Tools > Options > Spelling
    Press "AutoCorrect Options" Button
    AutoFormat As You Type Tab
    Remove Check from "Internet and network paths with hyperlinks"
    OK
    OK

    If you have fill in a address and Enter to confirm you
    can use Ctrl-Z to make it text.

    Or start with a '

    You can run this macro also to make text of all hyperlinks
    in your worksheet

    Sub test()
    ActiveSheet.Hyperlinks.Delete
    End Sub

    Alt-F11
    Insert>Module from the menubar
    paste the sub in there
    Alt-Q to go back to Excel

    If you do Alt-F8 you get a list of your macro's
    Select "test" and press Run

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl