Closed Thread
Results 1 to 4 of 4

Customer List Categorized

  1. #1
    SeaTiger
    Guest

    Customer List Categorized

    I am setting up my customer list and I need to identify which vendors
    each customer buys from. I currently have 8 different vendors that I
    have assigned a letter, i.e. A B C D E F G H. Some customers may buy
    from one vendor, others from a few to all.

    I want to eventually be able to sort this list according to the vendors
    that the customers buy from for specific calling lists for my sales
    staff. The headings on my list are CUST NAME (A1), STORE NAME (B2),
    ADDRESS (C3), CITY (D4), ST(E5), ZIP (F6), TEL # (G7). What's the best
    way to set up the heading(s) for the VENDORS for sorting? Can it be
    one cell and where I would enter A, B, C etc. codes for the vendor or
    should I create separate cell/columns for each potential vendor?

    In either example, what formula would I use to sort the customers who
    buy from let's say for vendor A or a group of vendors B, D, G? I would
    like the new list to be exported to a new spreadsheet.

    Your time and consideration would be deeply appreciated.

    Thanks,
    victor

  2. #2
    CLR
    Guest

    RE: Customer List Categorized

    Personally I would use a separate column for each vendor, and then
    CONCATENATE them all into an additional column for identifying groups.

    The separation can be done then with either conventional sorting on the
    Vendor columns, or better yet by using the Data > Filter> AutoFilter.........

    hth
    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

  3. #3
    la90292
    Guest

    Re: Customer List Categorized

    Hi Chuck:

    Thanks for your suggestion. So I created columns a1-h1 to input the vendor
    codes for each customer. How would you CONCATENATE them all into an
    additional column for idenifying groups?

    Thanks,

    Victor

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    CLR
    Guest

    Re: Customer List Categorized

    Hi Victor.....

    In cell I1, put this formula and copy it down as far as you have an entry in
    any of the other columns.....

    =A1&B1&C1&D1&E1&F1&G1&H1

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

    "la90292" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi Chuck:
    >
    > Thanks for your suggestion. So I created columns a1-h1 to input the vendor
    > codes for each customer. How would you CONCATENATE them all into an
    > additional column for idenifying groups?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Victor
    >
    > "CLR" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Personally I would use a separate column for each vendor, and then
    > > CONCATENATE them all into an additional column for identifying groups.
    > >
    > > The separation can be done then with either conventional sorting on the
    > > Vendor columns, or better yet by using the Data > Filter>
    > > AutoFilter.........
    > >
    > > hth
    > > Vaya con Dios,
    > > Chuck, CABGx3
    > >

    > > "SeaTiger" wrote:
    > >
    > >> I am setting up my customer list and I need to identify which vendors
    > >> each customer buys from. I currently have 8 different vendors that I
    > >> have assigned a letter, i.e. A B C D E F G H. Some customers may buy
    > >> from one vendor, others from a few to all.
    > >>
    > >> I want to eventually be able to sort this list according to the vendors
    > >> that the customers buy from for specific calling lists for my sales
    > >> staff. The headings on my list are CUST NAME (A1), STORE NAME (B2),
    > >> ADDRESS (C3), CITY (D4), ST(E5), ZIP (F6), TEL # (G7). What's the

    best
    > >> way to set up the heading(s) for the VENDORS for sorting? Can it be
    > >> one cell and where I would enter A, B, C etc. codes for the vendor or
    > >> should I create separate cell/columns for each potential vendor?
    > >>
    > >> In either example, what formula would I use to sort the customers who
    > >> buy from let's say for vendor A or a group of vendors B, D, G? I would
    > >> like the new list to be exported to a new spreadsheet.
    > >>
    > >> Your time and consideration would be deeply appreciated.
    > >>
    > >> Thanks,
    > >> victor

Closed Thread