data extraction-one specifice value exists in row

  1. #1
    Usul
    Guest

    data extraction-one specifice value exists in row

    I want to extract each row from a range when one specifice value exists in
    that row.
    CATS CAT1 CAT2 CAT3 CAT4
    01 02 09 53 74
    01 02
    01 02 54
    01 02
    01 02 04 74 75
    01 02 04 22 29
    01 02 04 54
    01 02 04 04 41
    01 02 04 04 52
    From the example above, I want to list the data from each row when "04"
    exists in any of the rows columns. The complete range is 207 columns and 1395
    rows. There are a total of 25 columns that could contain the value I filter
    by.

  2. #2

    re: data extraction-one specifice value exists in row

    Add a new column and use a formula like:

    =countif(a2:Z2,"04")
    and drag down

    Then filter to show greater than 0.