Moving to A NEW cOMPUTER

  1. #1
    PT
    Guest

    Moving to A NEW cOMPUTER

    I've long used a customized Personal.XLS worksheet which contains a number
    of personalized macros, buttons, toolbars, etc..

    I installed Office 2003 on my replacement computer. I assumed I'd simply
    copy the Personal.XLS file from its position in
    C:\Docs & Settings\Username\App Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLStart over to the
    corresponding position on the new computer.

    But I still end up with the canned opening worksheet as before the change.
    What else should I be doing?

    --
    PT

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Moving to A NEW cOMPUTER

    Move the file Book.xlt in the Excel start directory (where Personal.xls is
    as well).

    Bob Phillips

    news:#[email protected]...

  3. #3
    PT
    Guest

    Re: Moving to a new computer

    I copied Book.xlt and personal.xls to the XLStart folder. No change - still
    getting the default opening

    news:%23ppxT%[email protected]...

  4. #4

    Re: Moving to a new computer

    Open excel
    hit alt-f11 to get to the VBE
    hit ctrl-g to see the immediate window
    Type this and hit enter:

    ?application.startuppath

    For me (xl2003 and winXP):
    C:\Documents and Settings\(username)\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART