expanding button

  1. #1
    mario
    Guest

    expanding button

    Hi,

    I received a excel file, where there is "+" sign on the left. If I click it,
    it expands and click it again collapses. What is that for?

    Also I see "1", "2" on the top left. If i click "1" all the "+" expand and
    if I click "2" all of them collapse.

    What is the difference in these two formulas:
    =+A32+A31
    =A32+A31

  2. #2
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: expanding button

    See "About using outlines" in XL Help.

    The "+" in the first formula is superfluous. It's often used by Lotus
    users who have switched to XL.

  3. #3
    Forum Contributor
    Hi mario,

    As for the first part of your question.
    It sounds like you are talking about subtotals.

    To set this condition up, or to remove the condition.

    Select the range and go to Data>Subtotals

    Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by mario
    Hi,

    I received a excel file, where there is "+" sign on the left. If I click it,
    it expands and click it again collapses. What is that for?

    Also I see "1", "2" on the top left. If i click "1" all the "+" expand and
    if I click "2" all of them collapse.

    What is the difference in these two formulas:
    =+A32+A31
    =A32+A31
    Thx
    Dave