help with subtotals

  1. #1
    gls858
    Guest

    help with subtotals

    I have a spreadsheet with multiple customers who have multiple invoices.
    Each invoices has several lines. I'm able to subtotal the invoices.
    What I would like to do is show only the subtotal line but I would still
    like to see the customer name. Is there any quick way to get the customer
    name displayed on the subtotal line? Right now all the subtotal line
    displays in the invoice number.

    gls858

  2. #2
    Roger Govier
    Guest

    Re: help with subtotals

    Hi

    Try using a Pivot Table. You can then have a very quick analysis by
    Cutomer, with totals for each Invoice.
    For help on setting up and arranging Pivot Tables, take a look at Debra
    Dalgleish's site, and scroll down to the Pivot section
    http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

    --
    Regards

    Roger Govier

  3. #3
    gls858
    Guest

    Re: help with subtotals

    Roger Govier wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > Try using a Pivot Table. You can then have a very quick analysis by
    > Cutomer, with totals for each Invoice.
    > For help on setting up and arranging Pivot Tables, take a look at Debra
    > Dalgleish's site, and scroll down to the Pivot section
    > http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

    Thanks Roger. That works. I was trying to keep it real simple.
    The user I'm preparing the data for knows even less than me :-)

    gls858