text

  1. #1
    Chris
    Guest

    text

    I entered text in column A and 5 rows
    I want to change that information that I entered in A1, A2,A3,etc
    to go to A1,B1,C1,D1,etc.
    Can you help

  2. #2
    Max
    Guest

    Re: text

    Select A1:A5 > Copy
    Right-click on A2 > Paste special > Check "Transpose" > OK
    Delete col A
    --
    Max
    Singapore

  3. #3
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    RE: text

    You want to move the data from a column to a row:

    Select the data in Column A and pull-down:
    Edit > Copy
    Click on Cell B1 (Not A1) and pull-down:
    Edit > Paste Special and check the Transpose button

    This will copy your data into a row.

    Select the data from B1 thru the end and pull-down:
    Edit > Cut
    Click on Cell A1 and pull-down:
    Edit > Paste

    This will move the data back to starting at A1.
    --
    Gary's Student

  4. #4
    Kevin B
    Guest

    RE: text

    Copy the data in column A, move to the cell where you want the data to start
    in and click on EDIT in the menu, select PASTE SPECIAL. Locate the
    TRANSPOSE checkbox and check it off. Click OK to exit and delete the data in
    Column A.

    Viola!
    --
    Kevin Backmann