[SOLVED] make up s spreadsheet for travel itenary

  1. #1
    lilbit
    Guest

    [SOLVED] make up s spreadsheet for travel itenary

    I need to make up a spreadsheet for travelling. It has to include room rate,
    room tax, and total cost of room for each traveller.

  2. #2
    ChelseaWarren
    Guest

    RE: make up s spreadsheet for travel itenary

    You could enter the following headings in Row 1:

    A B C D
    Traveler Room Rate Room Tax Days in Room Totals

    The following entries in Row 2 (assume interest rate is 12%):

    Helen $15 =B2*12% 2 =(B2+C2)* D2

    Copy the formulas in column C through E down as many rows as you need.

    If you include other travelers in rows 3 and down, you can later sort by
    traveler and get subtotals by using Data Subtotals feature.

  3. #3
    Forum Contributor
    Houston, TX
    Quote Originally Posted by lilbit
    I need to make up a spreadsheet for travelling. It has to include room rate,
    room tax, and total cost of room for each traveller.
    In the absence of any other data from you, this is what I can suggest. ASSUMING that all entries in each column start in Cell 1, you can have this format:

    Column A -- enter the name of the traveller
    Column B -- enter the room rate
    Column C -- number of days for room reservation
    Column D -- enter the tax rate
    Column E -- enter this formula,

    =B1*C1*(1+D1)

    and copy down until your range requirements are met. This formula will give the cost of the room for the traveller entered in Column A.

    Hope this is what you need. Regards.
    BenjieLop
    Houston, TX