auto color fill cells

  1. #1
    Chopper
    Guest

    auto color fill cells

    how do I have cells auto background fill to a certain color when I enter
    texted into them?...... I don't want to have to do it one by one, nor do I
    want the whole colum to be that color, just the cells when I enter text into
    them, is that possible?

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: auto color fill cells

    Format=>Conditional format

    Cell Value is Not Equal To ""

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Chopper
    Guest

    Re: auto color fill cells

    Thank you very much, this was very helpful and will save me a lot of time and
    hassel.

  4. #4
    Chopper
    Guest

    Re: auto color fill cells

    ok, so why is it not working,.....?

  5. #5
    Chopper
    Guest

    Re: auto color fill cells

    more info pls.. it sorta works what I have been entering is cell value
    not equal to and then I put a 0 in, this works, sorta. I went to the next
    colume and tried to do the same thing except there is a 0 in the colume and I
    still want it colored in but it doesn't........ I tried leaving the formula
    blank trying to say not equal to "nothing" (best way I can describe it) but
    then it doesn't do anything.

  6. #6
    Hello Chopper,

    You need to say that the cells need to be coloured if the cell is "not equal to blank".

    Choose Not Equal to and then type ="" in the third box. Make sure you type the equals.

    Post back if still not working

    Judith

  7. #7
    Chopper
    Guest

    Re: auto color fill cells

    Thank you the must have the Equals sign and quotes made all the difference