Finding and Deleting

  1. #1
    QPapillon
    Guest

    Finding and Deleting

    I have the same issue as in this post (with a different word) from 2005:

    ****I need to find the word "High" in a whole speedsheet, and remove the
    whole
    row containg that word.
    Thanks****

    This was the response:

    Sub FindCellDeleteRow()
    '
    Cells.Find(What:="high").Activate
    ActiveCell.Rows("1:1").EntireRow.Select
    Selection.Delete Shift:=xlUp
    End Sub

    My question is how do I apply the solution? Where does this does this code
    go? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

  2. #2
    Forum Moderator davesexcel's Avatar
    Regina
    MS-Off Ver
    MS 365
    Posts
    13,486
    [QUOTE
    My question is how do I apply the solution? Where does this does this code
    go? Any info would be greatly appreciated.[/QUOTE]

    Hi there,
    when you are in your workbook, press Alt & F11
    You will then be in VB
    at the top menu select insert, module
    copy and paste your code in there
    when you want to run your macro, press Alt& F8
    your macro will show up and then select it and click run

    Or you can create a button and assign your macro to it

  3. #3
    QPapillon
    Guest

    Re: Finding and Deleting