undue merge and centre

  1. #1
    ED
    Guest

    undue merge and centre

    I am trying to undue the "merge and centre" of my title. I would like to
    make the range smaller.
    Is this possible?
    Thank you.

  2. #2
    Ken Wright
    Guest

    Re: undue merge and centre

    Format / Cells..... uncheck the merge option. Hit left Align and then redo
    it all with your desired range.

    --
    Regards
    Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    George Gee
    Guest

    Re: undue merge and centre

    Undue?
    Click the merged cells,
    Format > Cells > Alignment, uncheck 'Merge cells'.

    Hope this helps.

    George Gee

  4. #4
    Elkar
    Guest

    RE: undue merge and centre

    There should be a button on your Formatting Toolbar for this, next to the
    "RIGHT-CENTER-LEFT" alignment buttons. Older versions of Excel did not have
    this button by default, so if its not there, then you can do this:

    Select your merged cell
    Right-click and select "Format Cells" (or select Cells from the Format menu)
    Click on the "Alignment" tab
    Uncheck the box for "Merge Cells"
    Click OK

    HTH,