conditional formating a specific amount of cells in a row.

  1. #1
    jeff
    Guest

    conditional formating a specific amount of cells in a row.

    I want to highlight a specific amount of cells in a row based on what one
    cell in the row reads. If J9 >= 100% then cells B9 thru J9 will be
    highlighted blue. Please, all help is gretly appreciated. thank you.

  2. #2
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: conditional formating a specific amount of cells in a row.

    Hi Jeff,

    Select Columns B:J if this is for all rows, or
    Select B9:J9 if this is only for row 9

    Formula1: =$J9>1 format, patterns, blue

    More information on Conditional Formatting at
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/condmt.htm
    ---
    HTH,

    "jeff" <[email protected]> wrote...

  3. #3
    jeff
    Guest

    Re: conditional formating a specific amount of cells in a row.

    Thank you. That worked flawlessly. I wish you could see this spread from a
    first timer. It's bad a$$.

  4. #4
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: conditional formating a specific amount of cells in a row.

    You're welcome, though covered on my condfmt.htm the
    directions could have be a little more clear, Should have included
    that the formula is based on the address of the active cell. So
    for what I supplied, you would have to at least be on Row 9 to use
    that formula because if refers to cell $J9

    "jeff" <[email protected]> wrote ...