is there a way of drawing floor plans within office

  1. #1
    madge
    Guest

    is there a way of drawing floor plans within office

    is it possible to draw floor plans using office

  2. #2
    WillR
    Guest

    RE: is there a way of drawing floor plans within office

    Sounds like a Job for MS Visio

    One of the default template sets in Visio is for building plans, including
    floorplans.

    --
    Kind Regards,
    Will Riley

  3. #3
    CLR
    Guest

    RE: is there a way of drawing floor plans within office

    Yes, it is possible to draw Floor Plans in Excel.........I do it all the
    time, and even use conditional formatting to color different elements
    according to "Efficiency" or any other list of data required......they can
    even be dynamic, contain drawing objects, and respond to macros if
    desired.....very powerful tool!

    hth
    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

  4. #4
    madge
    Guest

    RE: is there a way of drawing floor plans within office

    thanx for info, but could you possibly tell me how to do it, very new user,
    could do with step by step guide!

  5. #5
    madge
    Guest

    RE: is there a way of drawing floor plans within office

    just been looking for ms visio, but couldnt find it? any ideas where i can
    find it?

  6. #6
    CLR
    Guest

    RE: is there a way of drawing floor plans within office

    I don't know of anyplace that would have step-by-step instructions for
    something like this. This is not what Excel is usually used for. I only use
    it this way so I can make it into a dynamic reporting vehicle to
    automatically read data off a list and color the different areas and or
    machines, or other drawing objects thereon. I usually start by making all my
    columns 1.71 wide, which gives me all "square" cells. This I designate as 1
    square foot, and use cell borders to make the lines. This only is good for 1
    foot resolution tho, so sometimes you may have to use a line from the Drawing
    Toolbar. Images can be inserted. Text boxes can be used to annotate....etc,
    etc. It takes a little practice.

    hth
    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

  7. #7
    madge
    Guest

    RE: is there a way of drawing floor plans within office

    thanx very much i'll try that.

  8. #8
    CLR
    Guest

    RE: is there a way of drawing floor plans within office

    You're welcome Madge, and thanks for the feedback. Although the drawing part
    is not really much touted as a "real" Excel feature, it can produce some very
    exciting results. Good luck with your efforts, and post back if you have any
    more questions.

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3