print area options

  1. #1

    print area options

    I chose page setup from file> sheet> print area
    then..
    I selected 2 seperated parts in sheet 1 to add it to the box of print area
    this is what was typed in the box:
    A1:G6,A9:G14

    in print preview, each selected part was displayed in a seperate page .. so
    I had 2 pages to be printed

    is there any way to make them appear/or printed in one page?

  2. #2
    Jim Cone
    Guest

    Re: print area options

    Copy each selection to a new sheet and print the new sheet or
    try the free Excel add-in "Print Selections Only".
    Download from http://www.realezsites.com/bus/primitivesoftware
    Includes a Word.doc install/use file.
    --
    Jim Cone
    San Francisco, USA

  3. #3
    Forum Expert
    Waikato, New Zealand
    MS-Off Ver
    2010 @ work & 2007 @ home
    Posts
    2,243
    Hi,
    Based on the ranges you have mentioned it would be easiest to select rows 8 & 9 (edit: Ooopps! I mean 7 & 8) (by holding down shift as you click on the #'s at the left of the sheet), right clicking, selecting "Hide", then selecting the area you want printed and printing it. You can then select rows 6 & 9, right click & unhide to show the rows again.

    However, if you want to see some other approaches, have a read of Ron de Bruin's page:
    http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm

    hth,
    Rob Brockett
    Always learning & the best way to learn is to experience...
    Last edited by broro183; 04-08-2006 at 09:22 PM.

  4. #4

    Re: print area options

    where can I find Excel add-in "Print Selections Only".

    can you explain more please

    Thank you

  5. #5
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: print area options

    You can't go to the link that Jim provided and find it?

    http://www.realezsites.com/zips/Prin...yRelease10.zip

    Peo Sjoblom

    Northwest Excel Solutions

    www.nwexcelsolutions.com

    (remove ^^ from email address)

    Portland, Oregon

    news:[email protected]...

  6. #6
    Jim Cone
    Guest

    Re: print area options

    If you click the link in my message, it takes you to the website.
    The program is on the "Products" page about 3/4 of the way down the page.
    There is a download link next to the name.

    Here is the direct link to the products page...
    http://www.realezsites.com/bus/primi...e/products.php

    Jim Cone

  7. #7

    Re: print area options

    sorry
    at the beginning, i thought it is an option already found in Excel.

    Thank you