excel worksheets

  1. #1
    Aamir
    Guest

    excel worksheets

    i have three questions:
    1. sometimes a sheet or an area outside the sheet becomes grayish in color.
    what does this mean and how does it hamper my work?
    2. what is the difference in page break preview if a line is blue versus
    yellow in color on the worksheet?
    3. how can i break-up a continuous sheet of say ten pages( the tab marked
    p1-p10) to ten separate worksheets numbering p1, p2, p3, p4, and so on?

    Thank you very much
    Aamir

  2. #2
    Barbara Wiseman
    Guest

    Re: excel worksheets

    Aamir,

    1. This is probably because you have page break view on (view, page break
    preview) and the grey area shows that it is not in your print area. To turn
    off the page break preview use view, normal. You can do anything in the
    grey area but it will not print unless you increase the print area (put you
    mouse over the edge of the white area, which should be marked by a blue
    line, until it becomes double headed then hold your left mouse button down
    and drag the line as far as you want the print area to go.

    2. No difference, if the whole of the print area is selected the edge line
    goes yellow.

    3. You could either insert new worksheets (insert, worksheet) and copy each
    page to a different sheet. Or you could copy the sheet you have 9 times (and
    easy way to do this is to hold down the control key then left click on the
    sheet tab with your mouse hold down the mouse button, still holding the
    control key down and drag the worksheet tab to the right which will create a
    copy of it) You could make 9 copies and then on each one delete the rows
    you do not want. This would keep any formatting you had.

    Good Luck,
    Barbara

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Aamir
    Guest

    Re: excel worksheets

    Barbara, thank you! Out of 100, I would rate you 112.
    Is it possible that you can send this to your supervisor, if you have one?

    If I have excel questuions in the future, can i send them to you directly.
    Your response now, and by others a couple of times in the past, are
    heart-warming.
    But I do not want to this if it in anyway violates the procedure and
    security of your system.

    Regards
    Aamir