average function

  1. #1

    average function

    Hi,

    If I have a list of random numbers down columnA, how would I write up a formula in another cell that calculates an average of the figures greater than a certain figure (say, 0) but less than another figure (500000).

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: average function

    this is an ARRAY formula so must be entered with ctrl+shift+enter
    =AVERAGE(IF((A2:A22>0)*(A2:A22<100),A2:A22))

    --
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software

  3. #3
    Great, thanks!

  4. #4
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: average function

    glad it helped

  5. #5
    Angela
    Guest

    RE: average function

    You can use the DAVERAGE function.

    The function is =DAVERAGE(database,field,criteria)

    For example:

    A B
    1 Random Random
    2 >0 <500000