validation list--list depends on the selection of first list

  1. #1
    Michael
    Guest

    validation list--list depends on the selection of first list

    I think this question has been answered before but i can't seem to find
    anything related to it. I wonder if this is even possible?

    I have about four items on the first validation list that i can choose from,
    and based on what is chosen on that list, the second validation list should
    only show the list of items that are related to what is chosen on the first
    validation list.

    For example, on the first validation list, there are these items: A, B, C, D.

    A has 1, 2, 3, 4
    B has 5,9,30,2
    C has 0, 12, 6, 10
    D has 66,44,33,22

    If i choose A, then the second validation list should only list only 1, 2,
    3, or 4 as choices.

    and if i choose B, the second validation should only show what is related to
    B, etc.

    Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Ron Coderre
    Guest

    RE: validation list--list depends on the selection of first list

    See this page of Debra Dalgleish's Contextures website:

    Dependent Lists:

    Does that help?

    Regards,
    Ron

    XL2002, WinXP-Pro

  3. #3
    Michael
    Guest

    RE: validation list--list depends on the selection of first list

    Hey Ron,

    Thanks a whole bunch for website--it was very helpful!