Autofill:diffent sheet

  1. #1
    dk
    Guest

    Autofill:diffent sheet

    we like to get data from diffent sheet or work by putting in data cell and
    filling the rest of the columns automatically
    ex; sheet 1 = test
    sheet 2 = test1
    sheet <test> has in cell a:25 <35> : cell b:25 <50> cell c:25 <70>
    we will put in sheet <test1> cell a1- A link to sheet <test> row <25> then
    cell b1 will fill <50> cell c1 will fill <70>
    please explain we are new user

  2. #2
    Ed Ferrero
    Guest

    re: Autofill:diffent sheet

    Hi dk,

    Usually, you would use the VLOOKUP function.

    Look at http://www.edferrero.com/DataTutor01.aspx for an explanation
    of how to set up the worksheet, and how to use VLOOKUP.

    Ed Ferrero
    http://www.edferrero.com

  3. #3
    Ardus Petus
    Guest

    re: Autofill:diffent sheet

    In sheet <test1>, cell A1 enter:
    =test!A25

    copy thru C1
    B1 will hold =test!B25
    C1 will hold =test!C25

    AP

    [email protected]...

  4. #4
    dk
    Guest

    re: Autofill:diffent sheet

    this is the hard way because we want row 35 we will have to retype all fields
    and change all to 35 is there anyway vlookup to refrence to a cell ex: a:25
    instead of a value

  5. #5
    Ardus Petus
    Guest

    re: Autofill:diffent sheet

    When you drag down the formula, the addresses will update automatically

  6. #6
    RagDyeR
    Guest

    re: Autofill:diffent sheet

    Is this what you're looking for?

    Type the row number to return into cell A2, and drag formula across columns:

    =INDEX(Test!A:A,$A$2)

    --

    HTH,

    RD

    news:[email protected]...

  7. #7
    dk
    Guest

    re: Autofill:diffent sheet

    we are invoicing all info has to be in row a (same Cell) so we only pickup
    the customers row (because we may several rows from the same customer which
    maybe paid already which we don't need that in invoice) all detailed
    description & charges roll over, but we are getting info from other sheet
    please explain

  8. #8
    Ragdyer
    Guest

    re: Autofill:diffent sheet

    I don't quite understand your explanation.

    Enter this formula anywhere on sheet "test1", and it will return the row
    number of sheet "test" that you enter in cell A2 of sheet "test1" *starting*
    at Column A of sheet "test".
    As you "drag-copy" this formula across columns, it will automatically
    increment to return the specified row number (A2), of as many adjacent
    columns as it's copied to.