print envelopes from excel data

  1. #1
    lele
    Guest

    print envelopes from excel data

    I have an excel database of addresses and I want to print off envelopes with
    the addresses I have listed in this document. I have read about linking excel
    with mail merge, but is there a faster method? More often I want to be able
    to print off envelopes 2 or 3 at a time, so to use mail merge seems
    time-consuming. Is there a way through formulas to somehow transfer for
    example one row of data into word and it generate into an address format. Or
    even better is there an envelope printing function in excel, as in word?

  2. #2
    PY & Associates
    Guest

    Re: print envelopes from excel data

    If each row of your database occupies columns A to K;
    design your envelope using =M1, N1 etc;
    set your print area to the envelope;
    now copy any of the address row (A to K) to M1;
    you have an envelope.

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: print envelopes from excel data

    Hi lele,
    I take if from your post that you have no problem with Mail Merge with
    Excel as the database -- just with the run around in setting it up.
    Sorry, that is the choice that Microsoft gives you for printing envelopes,
    labels, and customizing letters with Excal as the database.

    Having worked through this on your own you might not be aware that
    if you use a filtered list that you can send only those that are showing
    to the MS Word Mail Merge application.

    Mail Merge, Printing Labels using Mail Merge with data from Excel

    Auto Filter on my Summarizing Data Examples (an Overview)
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel...htm#autofilter

    --
    HTH,

    "lele" <[email protected]> wrote ...