how to put an internet-address in Excel just as a text-field?

  1. #1
    Tomas Barth
    Guest

    how to put an internet-address in Excel just as a text-field?

    When I make a table in Excel, I have one column for web-addresses. These
    become links that I get connected to every time I try to copy the content of
    the fields, but I just want it to be a text-field. How do I disconnect the
    automatic link-function?
    Thank you.

  2. #2
    Ardus Petus
    Guest

    Re: how to put an internet-address in Excel just as a text-field?

    type a ' (single quote) before http://

    AP

    message de news: [email protected]...

  3. #3
    Hugh
    Guest

    Re: how to put an internet-address in Excel just as a text-field?

    Right-click the hyperlink you want to deactivate, point to Hyperlink on
    the shortcut menu, and then click the last item > Remove Hyperlink.

  4. #4
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: how to put an internet-address in Excel just as a text-field?

    Hi Tomas

    In 2002 and up you can change this

    Tools > Options > Spelling
    Press "AutoCorrect Options" Button
    AutoFormat As You Type Tab
    Remove Check from "Internet and network paths with hyperlinks"
    OK
    OK

    If you have fill in a address and Enter to confirm you
    can use Ctrl-Z to make it text.

    Or start with a '

    You can run this macro also to make text of all hyperlinks
    in your worksheet

    Sub test()
    ActiveSheet.Hyperlinks.Delete
    End Sub

    Alt-F11
    Insert>Module from the menubar
    paste the sub in there
    Alt-Q to go back to Excel

    If you do Alt-F8 you get a list of your macro's
    Select "test" and press Run

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl