Sort column with multiple values

  1. #1
    gildedlily
    Guest

    Sort column with multiple values

    Is there a way to (data) sort columns so that multiple values are recognized?
    I have a column labeled lawsuit type where I classify cases (.i.e. fraud,
    discrimination). Some lawsuits fall into multiples categories (both fraud
    and discrimination). Right now it's just sorting in alphabetical order and
    only recognizes the first word I write in.

  2. #2
    CLR
    Guest

    Re: Sort column with multiple values

    Try Data > Filter > AdvancedFilter, and follow the menus........once set up,
    it will allow you to filter on multiple selections in a single
    column..........

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    gildedlily
    Guest

    Re: Sort column with multiple values

    Thanks for the suggestion. I tried the AdvancedFilter, but couldn't get it
    to work. Nothing seems to happen when I click the AdvancedFilter button.
    Any more suggestions? Thanks!

  4. #4
    CLR
    Guest

    Re: Sort column with multiple values

    Check here for more info on Advanced Filter...........
    http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html
    http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter02.html