Reading values from a closed workbook

  1. #1
    Graham F
    Guest

    Reading values from a closed workbook

    Hi Group, I need to be able to read a block of cells, say a1:d10 on sheet 1
    from a workbook without opening it, and then show the value of those cells in
    my currently open workbook. I know you can use links, but is there another
    way? Any help would be appreciated. Many thanks Graham.

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: Reading values from a closed workbook

    No.

    Peo Sjoblom

    Excel 95 - Excel 2007
    Northwest Excel Solutions
    www.nwexcelsolutions.com
    if you are in one stop digging." Lord Healey

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: Reading values from a closed workbook

    Actually you can read closed files using a query, you can set it up using
    data>import external data>new database query

    Peo Sjoblom

    Excel 95 - Excel 2007
    Northwest Excel Solutions
    www.nwexcelsolutions.com
    if you are in one stop digging." Lord Healey

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Reading values from a closed workbook

    With code you can do this
    http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy7.htm

    Or
    http://www.rondebruin.nl/ado.htm

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

  5. #5
    Graham F
    Guest

    Re: Reading values from a closed workbook

    Brilliant! Many thanks Ron, I now have all the information, and alternatives
    I need! Graham