first number in a column not equal to zero

  1. #1
    James Fullmer
    Guest

    first number in a column not equal to zero

    I am have a table that has a row for each day of the month. As I enter the
    inventory values for the day the last field in the row is the total for the
    day. What formula will give me the most last field in the totals column not
    equal to zero?for instance

    427T Total
    15,358
    15,358
    4,500 19,520

    the formula would return 19520

  2. #2
    Bondi
    Guest

    Re: first number in a column not equal to zero

    James Fullmer wrote:
    > I am have a table that has a row for each day of the month. As I enter the
    > inventory values for the day the last field in the row is the total for the
    > day. What formula will give me the most last field in the totals column not
    > equal to zero?for instance
    >
    > 427T Total
    > 15,358
    > 15,358
    > 4,500 19,520
    > 0
    > 0
    > 0
    >
    > the formula would return 19520

    Hi,
    Maybe you can use something like this if your totals is in B1:B10
    (Asuming there is no zero in between)

    =INDEX(B1:B10,COUNTIF(B1:B10,"<>0"))

    Regards,
    Bondi

  3. #3
    excelent
    Guest

    RE: first number in a column not equal to zero

    =INDEX(E1:E100;LARGE(IF(E1:E100<>"";ROW(E1:E100));1)

  4. #4
    James Fullmer
    Guest

    Not Working

    Sorry, the previous didn't help much, maybe I am using it wrong, but not
    working,
    Here is what I am trying to do. Each day we enter in the physical inventory
    in a spreadsheet. Another spreadsheet pulls that information into a column,
    if the inventory has not been input, it shows 0, I want the last field in the
    column to show the last dates inventory. For instance, on the 5th of June,
    the last field would read 19693, but would change the following day after I
    enter the inventory number. The inventory fluctuates daily, so I can't use
    the Large function as it only returns a specific rank of the numbers.

    Date Inventory
    1 15,358
    2 15,358
    3 19,520