Closed Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2

Filtering in a view (sanity check)

  1. #1
    ICTag
    Guest

    Filtering in a view (sanity check)

    Hi Experts,

    Am I using the most straight-forward method or should I try something else
    for the following scenario?

    I have a spreadsheet of players' information in a soccer competition (e.g.
    age, gender, name, experience...). The one worksheet contains all the raw
    data.

    Now I need to divide them up into 4 teams so I added a new column to the raw
    data ("team").
    I then created 4 worksheets to represent the different teams. Each view
    contains references to the raw data with the first column being the team. I
    created a macro for each view assigned to a button to set the auto-filter to
    filter the players according to the team.
    It sort of works. But everytime a new player is added or changes team I have
    to refresh all 4 views. I'd prefer to create 4 views and somehow set a filter
    in the view properties so that the autofilter is a property of the view (e.g.
    only display entries where the team is "hot-strikers".

    Am I going about this the correct way or is there a more elegant solution
    without programming?

    Best regards,
    Tom

    Phew - that was the last of the 3 questions bugging me :-)

  2. #2
    John Calder
    Guest

    RE: Filtering in a view (sanity check)

    I am no expert, but I think that using a pivot table would be far better for
    what you are trying to do.

    John