Simple problem

  1. #1

    Simple problem

    Hi all

    I am struggling to understand how to get a formula to work and have tried to read all the tips but have just confused myself more with all the different formulas.If anyone can guide me in the correct direction as to what formula in excel i should use thanking you in advance.

    =LOOKUP(A1,AE1:AE1000,AF1:AF1000)

    In column A1-A1000 I have a list of product codes and i would past the new supplier price list in column AE and in column AF is the new cost price.

    What i am trying to do is tell it to find the product code xtr200 in the column AE and return the value next to it 200 which is the new cost price.

    I got the formula to work but the problem is if it does not find the product code if would just find a value above and return any cost value.

    I just need it to return "no value" if it can not find the product code

    Any help would be appreciated

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Simple problem

    =VLOOKUP(A1,AE1:AF1000,2,FALSE)

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    I wish i could do something for you this simple formula has saved me many hours of work Thanks Again

  4. #4
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Simple problem