HELP with Macros

  1. #1

    HELP with Macros

    hi,

    I need some help with recording a macro but every time I try to record the macro in the personal macro workbook, I get a pop stating that the personal workbook needs to be opened in the start up folder in order to record, but I don't know how to open it. I would appreciate any suggestions.

    Thanks,

    Calli

  2. #2
    Marcelo
    Guest

    RE: HELP with Macros

    save the personal.xls at

    C:\program files\microsoft Office\OFFICE11\XLSTART
    --

    hth
    regards from Brazil

  3. #3
    SteveW
    Guest

    Re: HELP with Macros

    or even

    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART=

    depending what version of Excel you have

    Best trick is to search for EXCEL.XLB there should be a XLSTART folder
    PERSONAL.XLS goes there

    Steve

    On Tue, 15 Aug 2006 21:27:02 +0100, Marcelo =

  4. #4

    Re: HELP with Macros

    xl2002+ has the abililty to quarantine what it thinks are bad workbooks.

    They can keep track of them so that it doesn't even try to open them.

    If you look under Help|About MS Excel, you'll see a button called: "Disabled
    Items...".

    Check under there to see if it's marked not to open. You can enable it there,
    too.

    If the workbook is really bad, you may want to delete that copy and put a copy
    of your backup version into your XLStart folder.

    (If you don't have a backup, take the time now and create one.)

  5. #5
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: HELP with Macros

    Calli

    Below is a posting by Dave Peterson...........................

    Are you using xl2002+?

    xl2002+ has the abililty to quarantine what it thinks are bad workbooks.

    They can keep track of them so that it doesn't even try to open them.

    If you look under Help|About MS Excel, you'll see a button called: "Disabled
    Items...".

    Check under there to see if it's marked not to open. You can enable it there,
    too.

    If the workbook is really bad, you may want to delete that copy and put a copy
    of your backup version into your XLStart folder.

    End Dave posting......................................

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

  6. #6
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: HELP with Macros

    Marcelo

    My Excel 2003 has this for default path to XLSTART

    C:\Documents and Settings\Gord\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART

    To find out where it is on your computer..............

    Open excel.

    ALT + F11 to get to the VBE

    CTRL + g to see the Immediate Window

    Type this and hit enter:

    ?application.startuppath

    With Excel 2003, WinXP Pro, the return is....................

    C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

  7. #7

    Re: HELP with Macros

    Hmmm. I may be redundant, huh?

  8. #8

    xl2002+ has the abililty to quarantine what it thinks are bad workbooks.

    They can keep track of them so that it doesn't even try to open them.

    If you look under Help|About MS Excel, you'll see a button called: "Disabled
    Items...".

    Check under there to see if it's marked not to open. You can enable it there,
    too.

    If the workbook is really bad, you may want to delete that copy and put a copy
    of your backup version into your XLStart folder.

    (If you don't have a backup, take the time now and create one.)
    I checked under Help and there is no Disabled Item, I don't have an Excel 2002 + version, as well, I know where the PERSONAL.XLS file is stored and the file is there. So... I don't know what to do anymore?

    Need more help, Thanks.

    Calli
    Last edited by calli; 08-16-2006 at 10:29 AM.