Help with a custom label?

  1. #1
    wishmyr
    Guest

    Help with a custom label?

    I want to replace the default format for cell d18 with a custom label of
    "Customers", I know i need to use the quotation marks around Customers but i
    am unable to get it to work.

    here is a sample of what i'm working on

    $255 $20 $21 $22
    10 (2,145) (1,845) (1,545)
    12 (1,905) (1,545) (1,185)
    14 (1,665) (1,245) (825)
    16 (1,425) (945) (465)
    18 (1,185) (645) (105)

    I need the 255 to read customers in stead of reading $255( that cells
    formula is =b22)
    Can you help?
    Tammy

  2. #2
    tim m
    Guest

    RE: Help with a custom label?

    What do you use the $255 data that comes from B22 for? Why can't you just
    type in Customers in that cell rather than the =b22 cell reference.

  3. #3
    wishmyr
    Guest

    RE: Help with a custom label?

    =b22 equals the $255 that i need to use as part of the formula i need to use
    for the two variable data table. My boss wants it to read Customers in stead
    of the $255 but still have the formula calculate the numbers in the data
    table, all I know is I have to use the quotation marks around the label name
    in the type text box but no idea what i'm doing wrong.