Copying information from one cell to another without modifying it.

  1. #1
    akkrug
    Guest

    Copying information from one cell to another without modifying it.

    Please tell me how to stop Excel from Adding 1 to my data when I copy it from
    the first cell in a column to the rest of the cells in the same column. For
    example, when I key WC123 and try to drag & copy this value to the cells
    below, the result is WC124, WC125, etc..

    Thanks.

    Ken K. - 2191
    --
    akkrug

  2. #2
    Melbourne Australia
    Ken try pressing the Ctrl key while you drag & copy

  3. #3
    akkrug
    Guest

    RE: Copying information from one cell to another without modifying it.

    Works Great! Can't believe I was so brain-dead today that I forgot how to do
    it.

    Thank Ferg!!
    --
    akkrug

  4. #4
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Copying information from one cell to another without modifying it.

    One more method.

    Right-click and drag.

    Release and select "Copy Cells"

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

  5. #5
    akkrug
    Guest

    Re: Copying information from one cell to another without modifying

    Also works great! Thanks Gord!!!

    Ken K. - 2191
    --
    akkrug