Adding times

  1. #1
    Bobby
    Guest

    Adding times

    Hi there,

    Anyone able to tell me how to add times minutes and seconds so that the
    answer will show hours minutes and seconds. Any hints on the best way to
    format the cells to show times would be great.

    Thank you!
    --
    Bobby

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor VBA Noob's Avatar
    London, England
    MS-Off Ver
    xl03 & xl 07(Jan 09)
    Posts
    11,988
    Say

    A1 = 11:30:10
    B1 = 15:30:10
    C1 = =SUM(A1:A2) = 27:00:20

    More help on time on the attached link

    http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datetime.htm

    VBA noob

  3. #3
    Forum Contributor VBA Noob's Avatar
    London, England
    MS-Off Ver
    xl03 & xl 07(Jan 09)
    Posts
    11,988
    Sorry

    Forget to say to format sum cell as [H]:MM in custom formats

    VBA noob

  4. #4
    Bobby
    Guest

    Re: Adding times

    Hey Noob, Thanks. #Why did I think it waz so much more complicated. I had
    looked at the website but confused myself.

    Good place this. thanks again
    --
    Bobby