  1. #1
    lalani

    Please provide the help on how to update the inventory list when some items are
    sold.

  2. #2
    Epinn
    Guest

    Re: how to automatically update inventory list with sales

    Do you want to check this out while you wait for an answer?

    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/FX011429711033.aspx

    Epinn

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    JLatham
    Guest

    RE: how to automatically update inventory list with sales

    The page that Epinn points out is probably as good as any. Excel is a rather
    poor tool for trying to track inventory. You'll notice that the actual
    inventory management programs on that page are (mostly?) for Access.

    It's almost impossible to give specific Excel information on doing it
    without seeing how you have things set up at this point. The use of multiple
    sheets for sales often complicates things beyond telling.

    In it's most basic functional form you'd have one sheet that showed each
    inventory item to be tracked, one per row. Probably a column for quantity
    received, another for quantity sold/disposed of, and a third using the 1st
    two to give you quantity on hand.

    The problem gets to be in getting new purchases included in the quantity
    received and new sales into the quantity sold cells. The easiest way to do
    that is probably to have a separate sheet for each inventory item to record
    purchases/sales on and roll up the totals for each sheet back to the master
    list of all inventory items. This can be almost unmanageable if you have any
    large quantity of inventory items at all.

    Wish I could be more helpful, but as I said initially, the "how to update
    the inventory list when some items are sold" is a question that has no real
    answer without knowing how your workbook is set up at this point in time.