b29 has jb# thats in other cells if i chng b29 want all to chng?

  1. #1
    GASPUMP
    Guest

    b29 has jb# thats in other cells if i chng b29 want all to chng?

    CELL B29 HAS JOB# (& OR NAME) THAT IS REFERENCED FOR ALL CONSTRUCTION WORKERS
    WHEN WE CHANGE JOB#'S I WANT IT TO CHANGE IN ALL CORRESPONDING EMPLOYEES
    WORKSHEETS...

  2. #2
    CLR
    Guest

    RE: B29 HAS JB# THATS IN OTHER CELLS IF I CHNG B29 WANT ALL TO CHNG?

    I assume you have a Master worksheet and a worksheet for each employee. You
    want the Job# on each employee's sheet to change when you change B29 on the
    MasterSheet.......then just put this formula in the cell on each
    EmployeeSheet where you want the linked Job#.......

    =MasterSheet!$B$29

    hth
    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: B29 HAS JB# THATS IN OTHER CELLS IF I CHNG B29 WANT ALL TO CHNG?

    Link the job # or name to a cell in each employee's sheet.

    Master sheet has a # or name in B29

    On next sheet enter =Master!B29 in any cell.

    You could do all employee sheets at once if you select first employee sheet then
    CTRL + click on each sheet to group those sheets.

    Enter =Master!B29 in a cell and the same formula will go into each sheet.

    Note: assumption made that employee sheets have the same layout.

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP