[solved] problem with autofilter

  1. #1
    OMIDF
    Guest

    [solved] problem with autofilter

    I HAVE A WORKBOOK, AND I ACTIVATED THE AUTOFILTER DROPDOWN BOXES.
    I NOTICED WHEN I OPEN THE DROPDOWN WINDOW OF THE AUTOFILTER OF A COLOM, I DO
    NOT SEE ALL THE DATA THAT IS IN THAT COLOM. IT SEEMS LIKE IT GOES TO A
    CERTAIN POINT AND THEN IT STOPS SHOWING ANYTHING AFTER IT.

    EXAMPLE: I HAVE A WHOLE BUNCH OF DATES IN THIS COLOM. THE DROPDOWN WINDOW
    ONLY GOES TO THE YEAR OF 2003. THERE ARE MORE ENTRIES THAT HAVE DATES AFTER
    THAT, BUT I CANT SEE IT IN THE AUTO FILTER

    SORRY FOR THE CAP LOCK. NEW USER HERE

  2. #2
    Pete_UK
    Guest

    Re: PROBLEM WITH AUTOFILTER

    The drop-down on the filter only lists up to 1000 different values, so
    if you have more than this you will not see them in the drop-down. You
    can use Custom and then select greater than (for example) to see other
    values. Check this site for other ways around this limitation:

    http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

    Hope this helps.

    Pete