Format Paste Special - is there a way to do this ?

  1. #1
    SteveW
    Guest

    Format Paste Special - is there a way to do this ?

    With Copy/Paste you have Paste Special to control the actual paste
    ie just Values,Format etc
    Is there a similar method for Format Painter, ie just Paste background =

    colour or just borders

    I'd love to be able easily to just copy the background colour from one =

    cell to another.
    I know I could write macro to do it, but you'd need one for each Format=
    =

    feature you wanted to copy

    -- =

    Steve (3)

  2. #2
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: Format Paste Special - is there a way to do this ?

    Hi Steve,
    You could record a macro then adapt it to work the way you want.
    There are eight borders around cells (inside/outside) so it may
    be a bit painful unless you simplify it.

    ---
    HTH,

    --
    Steve (3)

  3. #3
    SteveW
    Guest

    Re: Format Paste Special - is there a way to do this ?

    ta.

    The thing I'd most like to do is copy the background colour - so I think=
    =

    I'll write that one.
    It's just annoying that when you click on a cell, and then use the Fill =
    =

    Button it doesn't show you the current colour.
    It does.
    (I always actually check what I'm about to post and lo and behold it doe=
    s =

    indicate the current colour
    - must have missed that ages ago !)

    anyway what I'd want with a macro is to check and copy the characteristi=
    c =

    from the paste buffer and apply to the selected range.
    Can I access the paste buffer like that ?

    Steve

    On Sun, 20 Aug 2006 17:59:09 +0100, David McRitchie =