How do I keep letters the same and change the # for drag formula

  1. #1
    ASST
    Guest

    How do I keep letters the same and change the # for drag formula

    I want to have the columns do the following
    A1 b1
    A2 b2
    A3 b3

    When I drag/drop they go
    A1 A2
    B1 b2
    C1 c2
    What formula can I use to reorientate my data?

  2. #2
    Max
    Guest

    Re: How do I keep letters the same and change the # for drag formula

    If it's to be done somewhere else on the same sheet as the source range, one
    way is just to place in any starting cell:
    =OFFSET($A$1,COLUMN(A1)-1,ROW(A1)-1)
    then copy across and fill down as far as required
    This will achieve a dynamic transpose of the source range
    --
    Max
    Singapore

  3. #3
    Max
    Guest

    Re: How do I keep letters the same and change the # for drag formu

    > =OFFSET($A$1,COLUMN(A1)-1,ROW(A1)-1)

    The "$A$1" would be the OFFSET's reference point, ie the top left cell in
    the source range. Easily adapt this to suit - just point to the particular
    source range's top left cell (if it's other than A1).